I'm keeping this a tradition... and lemme just say that even though Riot came out in 2007 and this year we had those muppet brothers, 2008 was definately better in music.
1. Pretty Odd, Panic at the Disco. (03-25-08) After 3 years of making their fans wait for the follow up to 2005s A fever You Cant Sweat Out, these boys held up their end of the deal. As the most played album on my ipod in 2008, I just wanted to say Thank YOU, Panic at the Disco. And I am looking forward to seeing where they go next.
2. Bittersweet World, Ashlee Simpson (4-22-08) After having Pretty Odd on rotation for a few straight weeks in a row, it was nice to have something else fun to dance to. Ive been a fan since the Ashlee SImpson show, and I hope she continues to make music. She is very underrated, and i love her voice. Congrats on being a new mommy!
3. Folie a Deux, Fall Out Boy (12-16-08) I didnt really know what to expect from them on this album. But the geniuses in this band gave us a taste back in late August with the Citizens For Our Betterment Mixtape. This BAND IS THE SHIT. GET WITH IT. or GO HOME.
4. Circus, Britney Spears (12-2-08) Britneys music isnt for Everyone. You either like to shake ya ass, or ya dont. CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE ITS BEEN TEN YEARS?! And our girl topped all of the year end charts with this album. Its britney, bitch.
5. One of the Boys, Katy Perry (6-17-08) Around this time last year, i remember katy writing to us that she was super excited because her album was just about to be released. And she gave us a little diddy called UR SO GAY. After that, the big eyed beauty exploded all over the airwaves this summer with her dance hit I KISSED A GIRL.. and grabbed America by the balls. congrats katy!
Pocketful of Sunshine, Natasha Bedingfield (01-15-08) Yeah, I watched the Hills this year, SO WHAT? I fell in love with Natasha with that theme song. And pocketful of sunshine helped me let the stress out after alot of crappy days at work.
7. Whisper War, The Cab (4-29-08) Alex Deleon sounds like JC from NSYNC. My thoughts exactly when i first heard this band. Brendon Urie on the first single? check. amazing pop record? check. friends with fob? check. oh do i even have to mention that Patrick worked on this album?
8. No Age, the Killers I didnt buy Sams Town. I couldnt stand Brandons moustache and I think I was butt hurt about some of the comments they made about Panic and Fob. but this album was fun. I felt like I was on a road trip through vegas, and his voice is somewhat captivating..
9. We Started Nothing, The Ting Tings (06-03-08) Can anyone say SHUT UP AND LET ME GO? One of the Biggest singles this year, i finally got this album. and im glad i did. it took me out of my element a little. And it was quite fun
. I love Great Dj and the ka-ching of Fruit Machine!
10. Cant Stop, Wont Stop The Maine (07-08-08) I don't take this band too seriously either, but it was a tolerable listen with some cute boyfriend lyrics.. almost a little reminiscent of CIWWAF.